The first 500 registrants will receive a FREE prize pack in the mail with Washburn Center activities and swag from our sponsors!
Participants in the Washburn Games have the option of creating their own fundraising page to support their peers who are struggling with mental health challenges. It’s easy – plus, all kids/families who raise $100+ will get entered into a drawing for fun prizes!
Don’t want to create a web page? Use this form to track off-line donations made via cash or check.
- Anonymous: $50 Visa gift card
- Anonymous: Family Game Basket
- Agra Culture Kitchen: $25 gift card
- The Bakken Museum: five passes
- Children’s Theatre Company: two tickets
- Minnesota Timberwolves/Minnesota Lynx: five prize packs
- Minnesota United FC Autographed Jersey
- Minnesota Vikings: four autographed memorabilia
- Obstacle Academy: gym passes
- Park Tavern: Bowling party for 20
- Red Balloon Gift Shop: $25 gift certificate and book
- Run N Fun: $100 gift certificate
- Science Museum of Minnesota: two tickets
- SotaRol: $25 gift card
- Target: two $25 gift cards
- Vertical Endeavors: two family climb packs
- Check back often for an updated list of prizes.
How Do I Raise Funds?
Below are a few ideas to help you get you started, but be as creative as you’d like with your own fundraising ideas. When in doubt, keep it simple. Have a conversation with people close to you and explain what you’re up to and why it’s important to you. People enjoy the opportunity to get involved.
Adults will need to help participants execute these or other fundraising ideas, so work together to make it a fun family experience!
- Be artistic! Do you like to create things like friendship bracelets, picture frames, knitting projects, paintings or other arts and crafts? You could post your offerings for people to purchase with all the proceeds going to your fundraising efforts.
- Be active! Set a participation goal for the number of Washburn Games activities you’d like to accomplish and ask people to sponsor you based on how many you complete. For example, a donation of $5 for every three activities you complete.
- Be vocal! Record a video about your participation in Washburn Games, why you think mental health is important and ask for support. Then work with an adult to email the video or post to their social media. Or, simply pick up the phone and have a conversation about the opportunity. A phone call can go a long way!
- Be helpful! Offer to help out your neighbors with easy outdoor tasks like mowing their lawns, raking leaves or picking up sticks. Their payment could be a gift in support of your fundraiser.
- Be mindful! We all need extra help sometimes, which is what Washburn Center provides for kids and families. Think about what comforts you when you’re feeling sad or worried. Then have a conversation with your family or a trusted adult to reflect on who has helped you feel better and what you’ve done during those times. You could write letters to friends and families sharing some of these reflections and why it’s important to support children’s mental health and your participation in Washburn Games.